Saturday 14 May 2011

Something I've Learned

I cleared my shelves and rails to wash and iron winter things before storing them away.  This time of year is always a bit tricky - you find that just as you've packed away your last woollie in a heat wave, suddenly a chill comes over the air again.  Still, I've learned how to balance the cold with the warm and keep a few of each into the new season.

Something else I've learned, as I reviewed my clothes and noted what is never worn, season to season.

Never buy clothes on holiday. Invariably those are the ones which turn up, at the bottom of the pile, still washed and ironed from last year, and never worn. What looks good on holiday somehow doesn't fit ANY normal situation at home.

Thank goodness I never had a holiday romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment